Back at it again, trying another Pinterest recipe! This time I wanted to try some sort of drink, and what’s more festive than a hot chocolate?
The original recipe which I followed can be found here so please check that out as well! The original recipe makes four servings but I just wanted to try a little bit to see if I liked it first, so I quartered all of the ingredients to make one serving.
This is a really tasty and really easy recipe; only four ingredients needed!
(For 4 servings)
- 8 oz of white chocolate (I take 1 square of chocolate as 1 ounce, correct me if I’m wrong)
- 1 cup of milk (mine was sort of a guesstimation)
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon of peppermint extract
- Toppings of your choice; mine were squirty cream and mini marshmallows
- Put the milk and white chocolate into a saucepan on a low heat and let it simmer until the chocolate has melted (be careful not to let it boil!)
- Turn off the heat, and add the vanilla and peppermint extracts
- Stir well, then pour into your glass
- Add your toppings!
~ X ~
How easy is that?! You can alter the ingredients slightly to your liking – use more or less peppermint extract depending on how strong you want the flavour to be.
This was really yummy and not nearly as sickly sweet as I was worried it’d be. Something a bit different to your usual hot chocolate!
Do you have any hot chocolate recipes you’d recommend trying?