I’ll be the first person to admit that when it comes to cooking and baking, I am 100% the laziest person in the world.
But after a long time of drooling over Pinterest mug recipe pictures I decided it was finally time to try one myself. I thought I’d start fairly easy with a Nutella cake and whilst it isn’t technically Christmas-themed, it’s definitely indulgent and I think Christmas is a time for indulgence, right?
I found a recipe that I liked the look of, a.k.a. the easiest one I could find, and had a go myself. The recipe can be found here if you want more in-depth and all round better instructions! 😉 It’s an oven-bake recipe so it’ll take a bit longer but it’s worth it!
I’ll be honest, mine didn’t turn out as pretty as I’d hoped, but it tasted good!
You will need:
- Four tbsps. of all-purpose flour
- Three tbsps. of milk (the original recipe asks for fat free but I used semi-skinned, not sure if it would’ve made much difference? I’m no chef ;))
- 1/4 tsp of baking powder
- 1/4 cup of Nutella
- Decorations of your choice: I went with squirty cream and mini marshmallows
- Preheat oven to 175 Degrees Celsius
- Put the flour, milk, baking powder and Nutella into an oven-safe mug and whisk together (or use a fork, if you’re like me and don’t own a whisk) until it’s smooth
- Put on an oven tray and bake for 16-18 minutes (although mine ended up needing a little longer, around 20-24 mins)
- Leave to cool for ten minutes or so; don’t be an idiot like me and burn yourself by grabbing it straightaway!
- Decorate to your liking!
~ X ~
So there we are, a tasty, easy mug recipe! I only wish I’d had some ice-cream in the house to go with it 🙂
Have you tried any mug recipes? What would you recommend for a lazy baker like me?